Badger Office Supplies is registered as a Data Controller (Z3035245) with the ICO.
What is the purpose of this notice?
To describe how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we need
Badger Office Supplies Ltd T/A Talking Turtle will be what’s known as the “Controller” of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (known as Special Category Data). This does however include name, address, e-mail, telephone number, financial information (payment information such as a debit/credit card).
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide goods and services to you, process your orders, provide you with marketing, tell you about our products and services. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- to enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- to comply with a legal duty
- to protect your vital interests
- for our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these.
In any event, we’ll only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or for closely related purposes).
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights at all times.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Where we keep it
We are based in the UK and we store our data within the EU. Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer personal data outside of the EU, but we will only allow them to do if your data is adequately protected.
[For example, some of our systems use Microsoft products. As a US company, it may be that using their products result in personal data being transferred to or accessible from the US. However, we will allow this as we are certain personal data will still be adequately protected (as Microsoft is certified under the USA’s Privacy Shield scheme).]
How long we keep it
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your e-mails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be e-mailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary and the longest time that we will hold your data will be six years.
What are your rights?
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request)
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
Web vouchers are subject to these Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions notified to you at the time of issuance of the web-voucher.
- A web-voucher is redeemed by entering its code at the appropriate point in the purchase process on the Website.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel a web-voucher for any reason at any time.
- Web vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- In accordance with guidelines from HM Revenue and Customs, a web-voucher is treated as cash, therefore VAT is due on the full value of an order and you will be required to pay VAT on the full value of the order, unless otherwise stated in any terms accompanying the web voucher.
- Web-vouchers may only be used at the Website.
- From time to time certain products may be excluded from web-vouchers offers and any such exclusion will be notified to you along with the web-voucher or through the Website.
- Web-vouchers may be limited to redemption in respect of certain products or certain products may be excluded from the ambit of use of the web-voucher, in which case notice will be given to you at the time of issue of the web-vouchers.
- Excluded goods and services will not count towards any qualifying conditions for offers and will not benefit from any promotional discount. No web-voucher may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient, without our prior written permission.
- Web-vouchers distributed or circulated without the written approval of Talking Turtle, for example on an Internet message board or on a "bargains" website, are not valid for use and may be refused or cancelled.
- When you use an web-voucher you warrant to us that you are the duly authorised recipient of the web-voucher and that you are using it in good faith.
- If you redeem, attempt to redeem or encourage the redemption of web-vouchers to obtain discounts to which you or a third party are not entitled you may be committing a civil or criminal offence.
- If we reasonably believe that any web-voucher is being used unlawfully or illegally we may reject or cancel any web-voucher and you agree that you will have no claim against us in respect of any rejection or cancellation. We reserve the right to take any further action it deems appropriate in such instances.
- If we refuse a web-voucher submitted as part of an order, for any reason, we will inform you before the order is dispatched to advise of the correct cost of the order and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.